Donesia L. Gause, CMC
Your Advocate in Democracy
Donesia Gause is a dedicated public servant with sixteen years of experience in city operations, strategic planning, project management, budget administration, records management and community relations.
Donesia L. Gause began a career in public government at an early age. Her passion to advocate for others led her to run for public office. Donesia is the former City Councilwoman for the City of Carson where she built bridges by reaching across generations, gender, race and culture in an effort to foster a healthy community.
Prior to being elected City Clerk in the City of Carson, Donesia also served in the City of Compton, Long Beach, Baldwin Park, and Newport Beach where she developed her reputation as one of the country's most skilled municipal leaders.
Known as a consummate government watchdog, Donesia put her talents to work by overseeing the implementation phase of the council's agenda process and designing a new automated system that streamlined the city's records management process. In addition, Donesia successfully conducted local elections and established an innovative City Clerk Passport Acceptance Facility - the result of which translated into $80,000 in additional revenue during her first term of service.
Donesia graduated from University of Redlands, School of Business with a Bachelor of Science in Business and Management. Having a strong belief in professional development, Donesia is also a graduate of Continued Education for Public Officials (CEPO) Training of Trainers, Leadership, and Professional Development Academy.
Donesia also serves as a mentor and trainer to other City Clerks aspiring to receive status of Certified Municipal Clerk, which is earned through the esteemed International Institute of Municipal Clerks.
Her accomplishments recently earned Donesia an appointment by Mayor Albert Robles as Co-Chair of the
City of Carson's Innovation and Technology Sub-Committee. Under her leadership, the city has effectively enacted open data policies, directly contributing to increased transparency in each of the city's departments. Behind Donesia's every effort is her commitment to making government more accountable to the people and businesses she represents.
Donesia is married and a proud mother of two daughters and one son.
|Operations of the City Clerk's Office:
- Conducts municipal elections as the Elections Official.
- Oversees the filing of conflict of interest statements and campaign finance statements, in accordance with the Political Reform Act of 1974, as the Filing Officer.
- Oversees the filing of lobbyist registration, in accordance with the Carson Municipal Code as the Filing Officer.
- Administers the Oath of Office to all city elected officials and the Loyalty Oaths and Affirmations to all appointed city officials, city employees, and members of the public.
- Prepares and maintains the official legislative record and dissemination of approved legislative actions by the City Council.
- Manages the official records, such as ordinances, resolutions, contracts, bonds, and sealed bids
- Oversees the posting and publication of public notices, as required by law.
- Receives and processes applications for appointment to City commissions, committees, and boards and maintains the membership roster.
- Manages and maintains the membership history for City-affiliated organizations and City Council Sub-committees.
- Accepts legal service on behalf of the City of Carson.
- Receives and processes public records act requests, as required under the California Public Records Act.
- Oversees updates to the Carson Municipal Code.
- Prepares and submits the departmental budget.